My mind speaketh....

Not a professional writer.... though aspire to be one.. A dreamer.. who believes it is important to dream before converting them into actions...

Name:
Location: Agra, New Delhi, India

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Its 11:05 PM, Dawn is just few hours away……

Son - Let me sleep ma, its already 11:05 PM… pls don’t disturb, I was just getting closer to Salma Hayek in my dreams… and you just interrupted me !!

Mother - Boy, it’s not the right time to sleep… for you it is 11:05 PM, but for me it is 11.05% inflation rate which is bothering me, and I am worried about your other brothers and sisters who didn’t have their dinner this night. You are not bothered, as even skyrocketing fuel prices is not going to hamper you from driving your luxurious Porsche car, but my 300 million kids are shattered when wheat or milk or vegetables prices rise even by 5-10 bucks. Please do something…., the mother cried.

Son - You care for them only…. What about me!!... The Young, IT-stud, dude, smart fellow who is responsible for all those ‘India-shining’ or ‘Incredible-India’ types glory to you…. You know what ma, even my bank raised the home-loan rates yesterday... Van-Heusen and Georgio Armani stuff is also costlier now, because of which me and my girl-friend cancelled our Euro-trip and are now planning only for Singapore or Bangkok….. Sigh !!

Mother - Alas!! You think like this….. I know son, prosperity has to be there for a country to propel, but we have to take everyone along side…. Why don’t you understand?
This is not the time to sleep, we need to work for this night only, as the Dawn is just few hours away… just imagine, how will it look tomorrow morning when I will bath in sun-shine and sparkle like gold again….. the sone-ki-chidiya !!

Tarun - I hope, I need not to explain who is playing the role of mother-son here……., the people out there reading this stuff are intelligent enough to get the feel.....

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Akash said...

Too Good Man...
Nice presentation of a very serious issue...

10:16 AM  
Blogger Anunay Gupta said...

any clue what we can do about it?

11:29 AM  
Blogger Tarun said...

To Anunay: Currently this is a world phenomenon... not only India related... As I mentioned in my last blog... When Chindia (together more than a third of world population) suddenly starts demanding more... re-purcussions have to be seen in entire world... Its all Demand-Supply Gap... It is a Macro-issue, not a micro one... Govt tries hard to suck in money supply from market by raising interest rates etc...

But, if 300MM middle class start thinking ab 300MM (lower class), one - to - one mapping.... I am not saying this will be resolved.... but yeah to certain extent.... i am sure it can be...

because my frnd issues like inflation(just an exmp) is something me and u cant handle independently.... even Govt of India can't....

11:54 AM  
Blogger Anunay Gupta said...

and what Govt will do? It will fall.. and impose elections.. and more deficit .. and more depression on already tottering world economy..

In times of inflation, it is the middle class that turns into miser class.. no one thinks of the poor.. the rich are anyways not bothered.

12:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is a fantastic piece of work!

1:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home